How to : Upgrade the Spice Mi 410 to 2.3.4 Gingerbread Step by Step
The Spice Mi 410 was launched some time back, we also got an unboxing video for you guys. Now thanks to several readers of iGyaan, we found a way to update the Mi-410 to the latest Software Update Android 2.3.4 aka Gingerbread, and we tell you how!
Note : Please take a backup of your device, contacts/ pictures / files, anything thats important.
Also Note : This might void your warranty or damage your device and you do this at your own risk
What you Need!
- Spice Mi 410 (Duh!)
- A Windows / Mac
- Data cable (USB-microUSB) / Memory Card reader
- Combo Update DOWNLOAD
Download the above mentioned file, its an update for Cherry Mobile Magnum, which is actually the same handset, branded under the cherry mobile name.
Extract the ZIP file. downloaded above and copy the extracted FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 to your SD card. Make sure it is placed in the Root Folder and not in the Downloads folder.
Also rename the file FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 to firmware.nb0 you can do this before or after copying the file, it does not matter.
Enter bootloader mode :
- To do this first power off your device.
- Once off, Hold – Vol Up + Vol Down + Power Button and you will see the Android Image as below
- Next Hold down on the home button and you should be in the bootloader mode see below
- Use the volume down button to scroll to “Download nb0 from SD card”
- Then tap the back Button
Your phone should now upgrade to the new firmware and reboot into the new os with the Cherry Mobile Logo.
Quickly jump into Settings to confirm the Upgrade