A recent Match.com survey observed that Android users are more fluent in their dating habits and are open to put out on their first date. So if you have plans to hook up with someone this valentine – someone who is not bound by the moral obligations of not indulging in physical intimacy right on his/her first date – then pick up an Android user.
The poll conducted by Match.com reveals that there is a strong correlation between smartphone ownership and dating habits. The poll suggested that 75 per cent of Canadian singles think that their love lives have benefited from emailing and texting.
The survey also suggested that 62 per cent of Android users are ready to have sex after one date. By comparison, 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 per cent of BlackBerry owners said they have gotten down on the first date. Android users are also more likely than owners of other handsets to hit it and quit it, with 55 per cent saying they would have a one night stand.
Technology has made people more open to dating habits. In general, Android owners seem to be more open to online dating. Match said that 72 percent have visited online dating sites, while 58 percent of iPhone users and 50 percent of BlackBerry owners have done the same.
So, what does your smartphone say about your life love?
- iPhone addicts are the most likely to date someone in their workplace. Nearly a quarter of iPhone singles have had an office romance in the last five years.
- After a first date, iPhone users wait just one day to reach out, while Android or BlackBerry users will wait until after 2-3 dates.
- If you’re dating a BlackBerry fan, prepare to imbibe. BlackBerry users are most likely to drink alcohol on a first date – 72 percent will have a boozy beverage on a first night out.
- A whopping 67 percent of BlackBerry users say they have experienced love at first sight.
- Android users are most likely to be seduced on a first date. 62 percent of Android singles say they’ve done the deed after date number one, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 percent of BlackBerry users.
- Out of all smart phone users, Android fans are most likely to have a one-night stand (55 percent).
- 72 percent of Android fans have visited an online dating site, compared to 58 percent of iPhone users and 50 percent of Blackberry users.