Sony Xperia Z Press Photo Surfaces Online
Sony is expected to announce their new 2013 flagship device on January 7th at CES. Leaked images of the “Xperia Z” – previously known as the Yuga – have appeared online and it’s rumoured to have an availability date of January 15th. It’s always nice to have confirmation from a manufacturer that a leaked device exists before the official unveiling. Sony has uploaded a press image of the Xperia Z onto their site that shows off its design and name.
From the looks of it, the smartphone has a design similar to the Xperia T and Xperia SL smartphones. However, the transparent band seen in most Xperia phones at the bottom is missing and so is the Xperia branding itself. The Sony logo is seen at the top.
Going by the specifications, the Sony Xperia Z is expected to pack in:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera on the rear
- Memory expandable via microSD card
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box
- LTE, NFC,
- 139 x 71 x 7.9mm