DIY: Upgrade Micromax A110 Canvas 2 To Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Yesterday, Micromax released Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean upgrade for the A110 Canvas 2 but on the downside, the software update isn’t available over-the-air and the users need to go to a Micromax Service Center, where the update would be installed on their Canvas 2.
However, if you want to save yourself the trouble of running down to the service center, the official upgrade is also available on Micromax’s website as well as on XDA and if you know some tidbits of flashing a ROM, you can easily install the Jelly Bean upgrade on your Canvas 2.
What? Not too comfortable flashing the upgrade yourself? Well, don’t worry because we’re giving you a quick tutorial on how to install the upgrade on your Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
To upgrade your Canvas 2, here’s what you need:
- Official Android Jelly Bean ROM from Micromax, which can be found here.
- SP Tools for flashing the upgrade, which can be found here.
- Drivers for Micromax A110 Canvas 2 which can be downloaded from here.
Once you have have downloaded the three files, extract them (preferably to your desktop for ease of access) and make sure that your Canvas 2 is TURNED-OFF and NOT CONNECTED to your computer.
Then, follow these simple steps to upgrade your Canvas 2:
- Install the drivers for the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 on your computer.
- Then, open the SP Flash Tools folder extracted from the Zip file and open Flash_Tool.exe
- Once opened, click on Scatter-loading option, as can be seen in the image.
- Now go to the Stock ROM folder which was extracted from the Zip file and then select the file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc“
- As you click on ‘open’, the file will show up in the scatter loading file tab and then click on “Firmware -> Upgrade” button. The software will now go into phone detection mode.
- Make sure that your Canvas 2 is TURNED-OFF and then connect it to your computer.
- SP Tools will detect your Canvas 2 and start the flashing process if everything is right.
- After completion, a green ring will appear on your computer’s screen indicating that the upgrade was successful.
- Then, close the SP Tools, disconnect your Canvas 2 and turn it on.
Voila! Now you have Android Jelly Bean on your Canvas 2.