DIY: Upgrade Micromax A110 Canvas 2 To Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Yesterday, Micromax released Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean upgrade for the A110 Canvas 2 but on the downside, the software update isn’t available over-the-air and the users need to go to a Micromax Service Center, where the update would be installed on their Canvas 2.
However, if you want to save yourself the trouble of running down to the service center, the official upgrade is also available on Micromax’s website as well as on XDA and if you know some tidbits of flashing a ROM, you can easily install the Jelly Bean upgrade on your Canvas 2.
What? Not too comfortable flashing the upgrade yourself? Well, don’t worry because we’re giving you a quick tutorial on how to install the upgrade on your Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
To upgrade your Canvas 2, here’s what you need:
- Official Android Jelly Bean ROM from Micromax, which can be found here.
- SP Tools for flashing the upgrade, which can be found here.
- Drivers for Micromax A110 Canvas 2 which can be downloaded from here.
Once you have have downloaded the three files, extract them (preferably to your desktop for ease of access) and make sure that your Canvas 2 is TURNED-OFF and NOT CONNECTED to your computer.
Then, follow these simple steps to upgrade your Canvas 2:
- Install the drivers for the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 on your computer.
- Then, open the SP Flash Tools folder extracted from the Zip file and open Flash_Tool.exe
- Once opened, click on Scatter-loading option, as can be seen in the image.
- Now go to the Stock ROM folder which was extracted from the Zip file and then select the file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc“
- As you click on ‘open’, the file will show up in the scatter loading file tab and then click on “Firmware -> Upgrade” button. The software will now go into phone detection mode.
- Make sure that your Canvas 2 is TURNED-OFF and then connect it to your computer.
- SP Tools will detect your Canvas 2 and start the flashing process if everything is right.
- After completion, a green ring will appear on your computer’s screen indicating that the upgrade was successful.
- Then, close the SP Tools, disconnect your Canvas 2 and turn it on.
Voila! Now you have Android Jelly Bean on your Canvas 2.
i ve updated my canvas 2.. but after this i couldnt sign in to my google account. it shows sign in error.... any specific reasons??? how to correct it?? ive backed up everything, but the app to restore is also missing... as google play is not working i cant run anything help out please...
For those ,whose usb port is not detecting download driver form http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q8rhlp4ws9053o/MT6577+USB+VCOM+drivers.7z
then install ,after that try to update 4.1.1
when i install jelly beans on my canvas 2, its switched off, now every time when i press power on button, ph is not start and not working, what i do???
SP Tools for flashing the upgrade, which can be found here Drivers for Micromax A110 Canvas 2 which can be downloaded from here couldnt find any thing in bot the link provided in the above lines, Pls help
If you guys need any help regarding this you may call me between 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm at 9915914790 karan
Hi Guyz read the article, and was more than curious to upgrade ma phone , however after reading a few comments, m feelin a bit skeptical, i dont want ma phone to go dead, Its a humble request to all those who have successfully upgraded their phone to Android 4.1™ using this procedure, can u please brief me on how to get it done. i'll be more than thankful to ya all
first you remove your phone battery then click download. if gives you error then you attach your phone battery then try to download.
Dear sir please help me my MICROMAX a110 display auto sleep mode + calling time display sensor not active whats priblume
those who failed to turn on their phones,just try this method:- Start SP Tool on PC.. 2) Now run SP Tool with "Firmware Upgrade/Download" 4) Remove Battery.. 5) Connect mobile to PC while holding Volume + button [WITHOUT BATTERY].. 6) Flashing will be started 7) Hold the button till flashing completes... 8) After 100% Flash,Release Button.. 9) Insert Battery.. 10) Start Device.
Today I tried to update my a110 to jelly bean(V3),while updating it with sp tools,it showed an error and the process stopped,I disconnected the phone,and it is not switching on nor charging from that moment!
hello all, i tried to upgrate my A110, process started but then error occurs and now my phone is not able to start and i tried process again n again but phone not detecting or flash process working, pls help me out
i do everything but when i click "firmware -> upgrade" its not doing anything. Is anyone have any solution of this problem
when i connect my phone to pc,sp tool just show a red line with 100% completion then just time geoes on increasing. plz help
You just saved one phone :D :) Thanks a lotttttt It was dead after a failed attempt of firmware upgrade. People follow this method...and vote up for simi :)
I want unroot my canvas 2. But it says error like failed for system/bin/su,no such file or directory.... due to cwm?? Plz help.... Will I call u for this query?