Pebble Smartwatch Updated to Add DND Support and More
The popular smart watch from Pebble received a firmware update adding a couple of new and nifty features. For those who are unaware of this gadget, It is a wearable piece of tech which connects to your smartphone (iOS or Android) and provides all the notifications right at the connivence of your wrist. The new update i.e. version 1.14.1 adds DND mode i.e. Do not Disturb Mode a feature with which the iOS users will feel right at home, and just to be clear here the feature will also be available when connected to an Android device.
Here is a complete list of the changes in the update.
- Do Not Disturb. Block notifications for a set period of time (from Pebble: Settings » Notifications » Do Not Disturb).
- Alarms app update. Create multiple Alarms, toggle Alarms on/off, and edit existing Alarms.
- New “Snooze Alarm.” Customizable via the Pebble Alarms app.
- Improved Notification Control. Specify what notifications are displayed (Notifications On, Phone Calls Only, or Notifications Off). Notification settings are now accessible more quickly through a dedicated menu (Settings » Notifications).
- Improved iOS performance. Notifications are now sent more quickly from your iOS device to Pebble. After exiting Airplane Mode, Pebble will now search for connectable iOS devices immediately, instead of waiting one minute.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble may enter “Recovery Mode” immediately after updating to 1.13 firmware.
- Fixed an issue affecting some iOS Pebblers experiencing dropped Bluetooth connections, a few seconds after connecting.
- Fixed an issue where Caller ID data would not display on Pebble after receiving a missed call.
- Fixed Bluetooth data transfer reliability issues, particularly during a firmware update.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble would sometimes keep vibrating after dismissing or answering a phone call.
Here is video touting the Pebble smartwatch
The steps to update the firmware can be found in the link down below.