Tutorial: How to Stream Local Content From Android To Chromecast
The biggest pitfall of Chromcast, the HDMI streaming Dongle from Google, was its inability to steam local content from a mobile device. Atleast in India, its functionality was somewhat hindered and was limited to Youtube only as other apps like Netflix, pendora , etc. natively do not work in India. But this week Google announced a few apps which were updated to support Chromecast, One such app is called Avia , is a blessing in disguise.
Steps to Stream Local Content
- The tutorial here assumes that you have Chromecast setup and both your Android Device and Chromecast are connected to the same WIFI network.
- First, Download Avia form Google Playstore [LINK], but to add Chromecast one must upgrade to the Pro version which is priced at INR 160.
- Now fire up the Avia app and you will find the cast icon on the top left corner of the app interface.
- Click on the icon and select the your Chromecast.
- Following this you should see Avia Banner on your TV screen.
- Now select the content you want to stream and enjoy.
The content supported here might be the local content( Videos, Images , Songs, etc.) or it can also be pulled directly form Facebook or even Dropbox for that matter. So HAPPY STREAMING PEOPLE !!!.