It is extremely important to be able to properly link your Facebook business page to your “Employer” field in your Facebook personal profile page, I recently tried to add my employers page on to my facebook profile, but due to a bug on facebook, it created another facebook page of the organization (it did not link to the actual page of the organization), so while i struggled to fix this, i decided to make this quick tutorial.
- Once you have installed “Web Developer add-on” restart your mozilla firefox (you will then notice the web developer on top in mozilla firefox)
- Browse to facebook.com and login to your account
- Go to your employers page, (in this tutorial we are using the iGyaan facebook page)
- Click on the profile picture of your organization, once the page is loaded, The address bar will have an address like this “http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?profile=1&id=138708732815524“
- Copy the numbers after “1&id=” in our case ”138708732815524″
- On you Facebook Profile, Go to “edit profile” section, click on the “education and work” tab.
- Just write anyhing random like “abcd” in the “Employer” box” and hit enter.
- (Now comes the tricky part) Click on “Forms” on the we developer add-on, the select “display form details”.
- Many codes will appear on your facebook edit page, don’t worry!
- Search for “<input name=”employer_id”>” it will be in the yellow box with a red outline (check image).
Note : don’t select the “<input name=”employer_id”>” which is outside the red box.
- Delete the existing number and replace it with the number we got from PART 1 (in your case it will be your employers ID)
- Add details about your job, city etc. (add them only in the white box not in the grey box)
- Click on “Add Job”
- Disable “show form details”