DIY : How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
We show you how to Root the Dual core monster from Samsung. The Galaxy S2 has been rooted and we have easy instructions for you:
NOTE: Rooting is not recommended for the faint of Heart, and can possibly brick your phone, Void warranty and make you feel invariably sick.
What you need:
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 (Duh!)
- A Windows PC
- A USB DATACABLE
- Odin Downloader (Download HERE)
- Download the attached XWKDD, but do NOT extract the .tar file (Download Here)
- Download and extract SuperOneClick
- Put device in USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
Reboot your device into download mode Turn the device off, then power it on again by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Start ODIN Downloader
- Connect the device to your computer using USB
- Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen should show you that a device is now connected.
- tick the checkboxes next to “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” and leave everything else as is.
- Press the “PDA” button, and select the “XWKDD_insecure.tar” file.
- Press “Start”. ODIN you should now be flashing the kernel, and the device should reboot.
- DO Not Remove the cable and Wait until the device is rebooted.
- Once the device is rooted and while still connected via USB
- Start SuperOneClick, and press ROOT
- Reboot the device
And You Are Done ! Enjoy your rooted Beast.
The Files And Instructions are made by iGyaan with the help of information from XDA DEVELOPERS
the above article is all well n good.........but when will s2 be launched in india ......coz u cant root a device until u actually have it
rooting enables you download and successfully install non market and cracked apps and you get rid of the touch wiz UI and try different launchers available out there
im new to android, currently using htc hd2 on win6.5... my next phone definitely going to be SGS2. im just curious about rooting... why and how does rooting makes the phone feels different? thanks
Super Article!!!......Dont know whether it works as SGS2 is not available here in Singapore...However, bookmarking the link for future reference. :)
ur wrong, dats rubbish. after rooting u can overclock, flash custom roms and gain full control of ur phone...but if ur an average user u dont NEED to root.