We show you how to Root the Dual core monster from Samsung. The Galaxy S2 has been rooted and we have easy instructions for you:
NOTE: Rooting is not recommended for the faint of Heart, and can possibly brick your phone, Void warranty and make you feel invariably sick.
What you need:
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 (Duh!)
- A Windows PC
- A USB DATACABLE
- Odin Downloader (Download HERE)
- Download the attached XWKDD, but do NOT extract the .tar file (Download Here)
- Download and extract SuperOneClick
- Put device in USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
Reboot your device into download mode Turn the device off, then power it on again by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Start ODIN Downloader
- Connect the device to your computer using USB
- Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen should show you that a device is now connected.
- tick the checkboxes next to “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” and leave everything else as is.
- Press the “PDA” button, and select the “XWKDD_insecure.tar” file.
- Press “Start”. ODIN you should now be flashing the kernel, and the device should reboot.
- DO Not Remove the cable and Wait until the device is rebooted.
- Once the device is rooted and while still connected via USB
- Start SuperOneClick, and press ROOT
- Reboot the device
And You Are Done ! Enjoy your rooted Beast.
The Files And Instructions are made by iGyaan with the help of information from XDA DEVELOPERS