Samsung Pay Launched In India, How To Setup and Supported Devices
Samsung Pay, the mobile payment service from Samsung, has been launched in India, and it supports Paytm Wallet too.
The Samsung Pay service will be available for select Samsung Galaxy Android smartphones – Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A7(2016) and A5(2016). Samsung smartphone customers, who had signed up for the Early Access Program can now use their Samsung Pay accounts to make payments. Users can add their debit/credit cards to the Samsung Pay account, which will allow them to make payments almost everywhere.
Samsung Pay is available with the support of patented technologies: Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC), which will enable users to make contact-free mobile payments. The payment medium is secured by three levels: Fingerprint scanning, Digital Tokenization and Samsung KNOX. Samsung KNOX is a security feature by Samsung that allows personal and business data to co-exist on the same handset.
In order to setup your Samsung Pay account, you need to follow 5 simple steps.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Samsung Account
- Tap on “Sign-up” to register for the Samsung Pay account. Enter your e-mail in the “ID” field and the password associated with your e-mail as your “Password”
- You will be prompted to scan your fingerprints. Get the most convenient finger scanned and finish this step. As an alternative, you can also set up a PIN for transaction authentications
- Use the in-app camera to auto-read card details or manually enter the details.
- Enter OTP to confirm the registration process
To provide this service to their customer base in India, Samsung has collaborated with a number of banks including ICICI, HDFC, Axis and Standard Chartered Bank for debit as well as credit cards, and with SBI only for credit cards. Furthermore, Samsung has confirmed that it will also integrate American Express and Citibank cards’ support on Samsung Pay in the near future.