How To Install OxygenOS Open Beta With Android 9.0 Pie On OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6 users will now get to use the newly launched Android 9.0 Pie Via OxygenOS Open Beta. The smartphone company revealed this information on their official twitter handle. The tweet includes an official forum as well where they have disseminated about Change-log, known issues and some important instructions.
The update brings a new user interface, gesture navigation and other new features and system improvements. It also boasts of some other integrated OnePlus customization features like supported accent colour customisation, a new Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings and new Gaming Mode 3.0. Together with added text notification mode and added notification for 3rd party calls.
Changelog For OxygenOS Open Beta
- Update system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android P
- New Android P gesture navigation
- Other new features and system improvements
- Integrated OnePlus customization features
- Supported accent color customization
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
However, there are some issues that the users would have to be wary of. As this is a beta version, it is likely that some applications may not function as expected. Furthermore, while Google Pay is not working, the Google Play Store may end up slowing down the handset.
— OnePlus (@oneplus) September 3, 2018
OnePlus 6 Specifications And Price
The OnePlus 6 has mid-range price bracket, starting at Rs. 34,999 for the 6GB RAM model. The phone has a 6.28 inch AMOLED display with a 2280 x 1080 px resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch. The OnePlus 6 was launched with Android 8.1 Oreo and runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. The company is also said to be launching the OnePlus 6T in the near future, and now you can grab the OnePlus 6 for as low as Rs. 31999.
If you own a OnePlus 6 please follow this link on instructions on how to install the Open Beta on your device.
Instructions for upgrading from The Stable official version to Android P Beta version
2. Copy ROM upgrade package to the mobile phone storage.
3. Settings -> system updates -> top right corner icon -> local upgrade -> click on the installation package -> immediately upgrade -> system upgrade to 100%.
4. Select Reboot system now.
5. Update Complete.?
Watch our Unboxing video of the OnePlus 6 below.