Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS Set To Launch In India
Huawei launched the Mate 20 Series last month in London. This includes the Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and the Mate 20 RS. Huawei previously announced that the Mate 20 series will be unveiled on the 27th of November in India. Now, in their latest tweet, the company has confirmed that the luxurious, top of the line Mate 20 RS will also be available in the country. The Mate 20 RS has similar specs as the Mate 2o Pro but has a very high-quality build. The RS variant makes use of premium materials such as leather and has been co-developed with luxury car-maker Porsche. Porsche uses the ‘RS’ suffix to signify performance focused variants of their cars. Likewise, Huawei wishes to target this device at affluent customers.
The Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design has a 6.39-inch 2.5D curved display on the front with a wide notch up top. The front camera, speakerphone and the ambient light sensor is built into the notch. The right side of the device is occupied by the power button and the volume rockers while the left side is free from any ports or buttons. The bottom of the device houses the USB-C port, SIM tray, and dual microphone pinholes. The top of the device has an IR Blaster, secondary microphone pinhole and dual antenna bands on either side.
The rear of the Mate 20 RS makes use of cow leather sourced from the US and has a glass slab which runs across the center. The glass slab accommodates the company branding, RS signature logo and the triple rear cameras along with an LED flash.
Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design Tech Specs
- Display: 6.39-inch AMOLED Full HD+ 3120 × 1440 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 538 ppi
- Operating System: EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 980
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Rear Cameras: 40MP + 20MP + 8MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 24MP
- Security: 3D Face Unlock + In-display fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4G + 5G, Bluetooth 5 .0 + LE, NFC, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4200mAh
- Dimensions: 157.8 × 72.3 × 9.7mm
- Weight: 187g
The smartphone is available in two colors which are Black & Red. The Indian pricing of the Mate 20 RS Porsche Design is currently unavailable and will only be made public after its launch on the 27th of November. However, both the variants are expected to have a similar price as the UK variants. For reference:
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM – EUR 1695 (around Rs 1,36,700)
- 8 GB RAM + 512 GB ROM – EUR 2095 (around Rs 1,69,000)