PUBG Mobile Receive Erangel 2.0 Update, Also Teased To Have A Narrative Direction
PUBG Mobile is one of the most successful smartphone games currently available. The game reached a large player base extremely early after its initial launch and is now dabbling in the competitive scene as well. In July, the PUBG Mobile Club Open (PMCO) 2019 finals were held in Berlin. It had worlds best players battle it out for victory including Indian teams as well. In the event, Tencent Corp also announced Erangel 2.0, a step towards the PUBG Story.
In the video shared, the company will be making major changes in the overall changes in the visual design of PUBG Mobile. We can observe a lot of changes in the map which is demonstrated with Yasnaya Polyana, Mylta Power and Prison. However, it is not yet confirmed if the new changes will affect PUBG Mobiles performance since the additions seem graphically taxing. At first glance, the following changes are noticeable:
- The maps now feature more overgrown grass and flora taking over roads and towns.
- Speaking of towns, they now seem more lifelike and actually feel as they were occupated in the past.
- The maps now feature a lot of military vehicles from the past and impacts that portray its war-torn past.
- The overall details surrounding the map see a lot more depth included in PUBG Mobile.
- Notably, the overall mood is more vibrant with a big switch from deciduous to an evergreen type of environment.
PUBG Story Mode?
Previously, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, the original PC version, was slated to receive a massive overhaul to its first map. The changes were being introduced to also include a narrative direction to the massively popular game. It would also be a part of the games season 4. Now, PUBG Mobile is also following suit with a similar update. The new update is apparently made to bring the map more in line with the others whilst linking a supposed backstory. According to the teaser, the PUBG map is based on a war-torn reality and the “battlegrounds” are a sport to be the last survivor. Hence, we can soon expect PUBG Mobile to also include a narrative which is arriving soon on PUBG for PC.