Google Maps for iPhone released on Apple iTunes App store : Updated
As it was awaited and predicted the dedicated app for Google Maps for iPhone running iOS 6 and up, has been released on the iTunes Store and it also brings turn by turn voice guided navigation. Apple had decided to remove all Google related apps from its OS in iOS 6 and onward and specifically replace the maps app with their own iOS Maps application. The Apple Maps were not very detailed and caused a lot of problems for owners and Apple alike.
Here are the detailed options available in the Google Maps for iPhone app:
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
Update: Apparently the app works cross platform. : Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.