Latest Chrome OS Update Brings Drag-and-drop Features For Touchscreens
The Chrome OS users have been enjoying the latest OS features and the touchscreen benefits since September. The latest update of the chrome OS, brings up touchscreen text selection and drag and drop support.
The platform’s latest version also brings up a number of other changes including the ability to choose audio sources from the tray menu and the addition of on-by-default Quickoffice editor for Word and Excel. Users can now also check their connection using a diagnostics tool and share folders and files direct from the File app. If you’re using any Chrome OS device, you can expect to get the OS 30 update in few days from now.
Some highlights of these fixes are:
- Audio source selector in the tray menu
- Quickoffice (Beta) editor for Word & Excel files on by default
- Improved UI for release channel switcher – owner accounts
- Touch enabled text selection on touch devices
- Touch enabled drag and drop on touch devices
- Connectivity diagnostics tool enabled on the Chrome offline page
- Ability to share folders and files from Files app
- Better sandboxing for Native Client