PUBG Mobile India Tour 2019 Launched With 1.5 Crore Prize
PlayerUnknown’s BattleGround or PUBG has taken over the mobile gaming market by storm all over the world and especially in India. The mobile port of the popular PC game was made possible via Tencent Games. PUBG Corp and Tencent Games have now announced one of the biggest open tournaments for the country.
The PUBG Mobile India Tour 2019 is the latest large scale tournament arriving after the ‘PUBG Mobile India Series‘ of 2018. The new tournament has the highest prize pool ever to be seen in a PUBG Mobile tournament, with 1.5 crores over last years 1 crore.
How To Register
- To enter the tournament users need to visit the PUBG Mobile official website and fill out their personal details that also require id proof details.
- Once the details have been filed up, users must click on ‘Register’ for the India Tour.
- Users thereon will receive a verification mail to their registered email ID (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) Simply clicking on the verification link on the mail will complete the process.
- A pop-up will appear once users are verified via email that says “Activate my account.”
- Clicking on the aforementioned pop-up will complete the registration process.
- The upcoming tournament will be open to all Indian residents who possess a PUBG Mobile account that is ranked higher than Platinum Tier 5 or at least level 20.
- The tournament is only available for entire squads, solo and duo queue are not allowed, so interested candidates need an entire team.
- Emulators are strictly prohibited and only the mobile gaming platforms are allowed.
- Players can be banned if they are found using any 3rd-party apps that give them any unfair advantages.
- Incorrect information will lead to disqualification.
The PUBG India Tour 2019 is exclusive to the squad-only format. Furthermore, the matches will be played across every battle royale map over the various rounds. To even the odds of winning, the tournament will also have contestants switch between first-person and third-person perspective modes. This will ensure players have an all-rounded experience regarding the game.
Availability & The 4 Regions
The tournament will be open to all users in India, although the contestants must select one of the 4 regional options provided to them to register in. The options include Jaipur (Group A), Guwahati (Group B), Pune (Group C) and Vizag (Group D). The area where users register on will have them compete against the others who opted for the same region. The tournament will follow in 4 Phases.
Phase 1: In-Game Qualifiers
Squads of 4 will have to play 15 classic mode matches. The 10 best-scored games will be considered and the scoring is based on kills and finishing position. If a tie occurs with other, other factors such as survival time and accuracy will come into play. A total of 500 squads will qualify the first phase on the map Eragnel that will be held over a period of 7 days.
- Group A: July 15th- July 21st
- Group B: July 29th – August 4th
- Group C: August 12th – August 18th
- Group D: August 26th – September 1st
Phase 2: Online Play-Offs
The 500 qualified squads will now play two rounds. In round 1, 500 squads will be divided into 25 groups, with 20 squads each. Only the top 3 squads by the score from each group will advance to round 2. In the second round, 100 squads from round 1 are divided into five groups with 20 squads in each group. All five groups will play three matches. Only the top four squads, by score, from each group, will move on to the Group Finals.
Maps will include Eragnel, Vikendi, Miramar or Sanhok and the playoffs will be held four times during the course of the PUBG Mobile India Tour.
- Group A: July 29th- August 5th
- Group B: August 12th – August 19th
- Group C: August 26th – September 2nd
- Group D: September 9th – September 16th
- Group A: August 6th- August 10th
- Group B: August 20th – August 24th
- Group C: September 3rd – September 7th
- Group D: September 17th – September 21st
Phase 3: Group Finals
The top 20 squads from the Online Playoffs move to the Group Final. These 20 squads will play five matches. Four squads with the highest scores move to the Grand Finals. Maps include Eragnel, Vikendi, Miramar or Sanok. For this round, the squads will travel to pre-determined venues.
- Group A: August 25th
- Group B: September 8th
- Group C: September 22nd
- Group D: October 6th
Wild Card Entries:
The bottom 16 squads from a group final match will join the bottom 16 squads from other groups, making a total of 64 squads. These 64 squads will be divided into four groups of 16 squads each and will play five matches. The squad with the highest score from each group will join the Grand Finals. Wild Card matches will be played online between October 8-11th, 2019 on every map.
Phase 4: Grand Finals
The top four squads from each of the four groups (total of 16 squads), plus the four winning squads from the Wild Card matches, will play in the Grand Finals. These 20 squads will play five matches. For the finals, all contestants of Grand Finals matches will travel to Kolkata. Grand Finals matches will be held on October 20 and will again play on every map.
The tournament offers a total prize pool of INR 1.5 crores and promises the winner to walk away with INR 50 lakhs. The team that gets second place receives INR 20 lakhs while the third receives INR 10 lakhs. Furthermore, all teams will receive cash prizes for making it to the finale. The tournament will also acknowledge individual performance and provide titles to exceptional individuals and squads. This will mark a great stride forward towards India’s esports league and will hopefully bring more organisations to hold tournaments within the southeastern country.