Chrome 29 for iOS Brings Voice Search With Pronoun Support
Google just updated Chrome for iPhone and iPad, this new update Chrome 29.0.1547.11 contains some new features which include:
- Geting back to your Search Results faster
- Do a search and click a result. Not what you wanted? Now when you hit back, your search results will instantly appear, ready for you to choose the next one.
- Data cost savings enhancements
- View your data savings in Bandwidth Management Settings.
- Please Note: This feature is being rolled out incrementally and will be available to all users over time.
- Voice search pronoun support
- Try queries like: “Who is the president of the United States?” followed by “Who is his wife?”
- Improvements to Single Sign On with other Google Apps
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
Which means, the browser’s voice search now supports contextual pronouns like “her” or “them;” ask a question and you can run a follow-up search without mentioning the subject by name. The update also lets you quickly jump back to search results if you visit the wrong result, and it’s now easier to view bandwidth savings.
All this will come in the new update available at the app store, as shown on the Google blog by Karen Grünberg who is a Technical Project Manager for Google Chrome.