Lenovo Announces 7-inch Tablet Available Exclusively on Amazon
Lenovo has launched a new tablet in India called the S5000 Tablet. The company claims it to be the slimmest tablet at 7.9 mm and weighs 246 grams. The Lenovo S5000 sports a 7-inch HD IPS display (1280 x 800 resolution) with 350-nits brightness and a 60 percent color gamma.
The S5000 is a mid-range 7-inch tablet priced at Rs 10,999. Considering the budget price, it’s not surprising that the tablet is also pretty disappointing in terms of features.
It runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek processor backed by 2GB of RAM, so it should work well for average use such as web browsing and light gaming. There’s a 5MP main camera and a 1.6MP selfie camera for video calls.
The S5000 is lumbered with a 3,450mAh battery, which Lenovo claims provides more than eight hours of battery life. It comes with 16GB of internal storage, though you can’t expand it with a memory card. The S5000 comes in a silver-coloured case that gives it a more premium finish compared with other cheap tablets available in the market.
On the downside, the S5000 runs the outdated Android 4.2 operating system. Lenovo promises a 4.3 OTA update, but it still isn’t good enough when compared to the Android 4.4 KitKat tablets that are now easily available. The Lenovo S5000 is available exclusively on Amazon India.
- CPU: MTK Quad Core, 1.2GHz MT8389 (3G) /8125 (WIFI)
- Screen: 17.78cm (7) of HD (1280×800) IPS screen | 350 nits, 60% color gamma
- Size & weight: 7.9mm & 246g/249g
- Cameras: 5.0M AF rear | 1.6M front camera
- Storage: 16GB eMMC storage
- Memory: 1GB LP DDR2
- Battery: 8+ hours | Li-Ion polymer, 3450mAh
- Operating System: Jelly Bean Android 4.2 OS (OTA update to 4.3)
- Ports: Micro USB (OTG function)/3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer (G-sensor), GPS, Brightness (Ambient Light), vibration function, hall sensor
- Connectivity: 802.11bgn WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0/4.0
- Touch: 5 point Multi-touch
- Audio: Speaker, 3.5mm Audio and mic jack, Microphone