Ever since the Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s firegate controversy, smartphones catching fire gets more attention than usual. A few months ago, we saw a video of a man biting his smartphone’s battery before getting a new one. The battery obviously exploded because it was punctured. This goes to show that batteries in smartphones can explode if damaged even slightly. In a new incident of an iPhone bursting into flames, there was no biting involved.
The CCTV footage appears to be of a repair shop, which means it is fair to assume that the iPhone was there for a repair. The incident took place in Las Vegas, USA and was recorded by a surveillance camera. The video shows a man [...]
Tech can be confusing at times. Moreover, people can let their preconceived notions about technology get the better of their decision-making skills. This isn’t a secret that a smartphone battery can explode. Samsung and Galaxy Note7 users, unfortunately, learned that the hard way. It appears that people still don’t understand how smartphone batteries work.What’s The Story?
A video coming out of a Chinese gadget store reveals the incident of a man biting into a smartphone battery. Before getting the new battery installed, he decided to check the authenticity of it by biting into it. We still don’t know what [...]
With recent news of Phone batteries exploding, a lot of people are getting worried whether their phones are safe or not.
Follow these simple five tips as a precaution from overheating and exploding phone batteries.
Before the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 could hit India, the South Korean company has issued a global recall of the handset. Several reports of the Galaxy Note 7 batteries exploding have surfaced since the launch of the Galaxy Note 7 in several markets.
The Note series has been in trouble since last year. The Note 5 which was 2015’s Note phone suffered the Pen-gate where the S-Pen would get stuck upside down in the Note body and cause the Note 5 to stop working.
This year it seems safety is a bigger concern and Samsung has decided to pull its products from shelves before any other injury can happen.
Samsung said that 35 cases of the fault have been [...]