Sony Launches Xperia Z1 in India for Rs. 44990
Sony has launched the its Xperia Z1 smartphone today in India, for a price of Rs 44990. The new Sony Xperia Z1 has a IP58 certification making it seriously dust and water resistant.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is the latest flagship smartphone for the company, it includes a 5-inch full HD 1080p display (441ppi) sporting Sony’s TRILUMINOS screen tech and X-Reality for mobile. The device is powered by a 2.2 Ghz Snapdragon 800 chipset, along with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable via Micro SD).
The device sports a 20.7 MP Exmor RS sensor with a size of 1/2.3?, along with a G Lens from its higher-end cameras. Its F2.0 aperture and 27 mm wide-angle lens can be the biggest competitor for the Nokia’s flagship device Lumia 1020.
The camera on Xperia Z1 will include set of Xperia Camera Applications like Social Live, Info-Eye, Time Shift Burst and Ar Effect. You can expect are hands on this device really soon.
Sony has launched the phone with an 8GB data bundle for 3 months with Vodafone. Sony has also launched the Smarrt Watch 2 for a price of Rs 14990 .
[toggle title=”Press Release”]Sony introduces Xperia™ Z1 – a stunning waterproof smartphone
with a groundbreaking camera experience
• Combines the very best of Sony’s technology in a slim, waterproof and
beautifully designed Android smartphone
• True compact camera performance through combination of Sony’s awardwinning “G Lens”, large 1/2.3-type 20.7MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image
sensor and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine
• Innovative suite of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver unique experiences
including live social broadcasting
• Immersive viewing experience via Sony’s TRILUMINOS® Display for mobile and
X-Reality™ for mobile
• Unrivalled ecosystem of applications, accessories and companion products
Sony India today introduced Xperia Z1, a premium waterproof smartphone that combines the
very best of Sony’s technology, entertainment and wide range of companion products with a
unique and groundbreaking camera experience.
The world’s leading camera in a smartphone
The elegant, 5” Xperia Z1 is the latest addition to Sony’s premium Z series of products and
brings Sony’s proven world-class technologies to the smartphone like never before – including
the very best of Sony’s camera expertise. Xperia Z1 features Sony’s award-winning “G Lens”
with a 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture, custom made large 1/2.3-type CMOS image
sensor Exmor RS for mobile with 20.7MP and a BIONZ for mobile image processing engine.
The combination of these technologies delivers the same level of quality and performance as
a conventional compact digital camera in a slim, waterproof smartphone. Indeed, independent
testing has confirmed that Xperia Z1 provides the best overall image quality of all leading
in lowlight conditions. High shutter speeds and 3x clear image zoom also prevents shots from
being blurred while enabling them to be captured at distance.
Innovative suite of Xperia Camera Applications
Xperia Z1 takes the conventional camera experience to a whole new level by including an
innovative set of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver new experiences. Applications at
• Social live: Broadcast precious moments live from Xperia Z1 to Facebook and get
your friends’ comments right on your screen.
. This means that Xperia Z1 captures beautiful, sharp and bright images even
1Based on consumer research conducted by Strategy Analytics conducted on 23rd
• Info-eye™: Innovative visual search function that provides related information on
landmarks and on items such as books or wine simply by capturing them with the
• Timeshift burst: Capture the perfect shot every time – Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in
2 seconds – a second before and after pressing the shutter – so you can scroll back and
forth to find the perfect image.
• AR effect: Overlay a selection of fun, customizable animations to create pictures using
Sony’s SmartAR™ augmented reality technology.
This experience is supported by a robust ecosystem of established and up-and-coming
developer partnerships who are working to create Xperia Camera Applications. Many more
apps will be available through the Sony Select recommendation store after launch.
Beautiful design with high power and performance
Xperia Z1 also includes all of the features consumers have come to expect of a Sony
smartphone. Its stunning looks combine Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design with premium
materials and precision engineering in a slim waterproof and dust resistant smartphone (IP55
& IP58). A solid one-piece aluminium frame with tempered glass on the front and back ensures
beauty and durability as well as a consistent viewing experience from any angle.
Xperia Z1 features the fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz
quad-core CPU. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor features the latest GPU and dual
ISP for incredible graphics, 3D games and videos. The Xperia Z1 also includes a 3000 mAh
battery for a high battery performance. Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode automatically turns off
functions to save power when you don’t need them and restarts them when you do.
Incredible out of the box entertainment with Sony’s media applications
• Sony Music: Sony is all set to give its consumers an unparalleled & faster entertainment
experience by offering 6 months free Unlimited streaming & music download of over 15 lakh
songs such as International, Bollywood & Regional songs from Sony Music library
• Sony LIV: Sony will also have a unique video streaming app called Sony Liv. With this
app, consumers can enjoy catch-up TV of SAB, Sony Entertainment and Max. Not only this,
Xperia users will have exclusive access to special moments of KBC & Indian Idol. They can
even watch over 77 programs and over 4500 hours of videos of their favorite programs.
Thanks to the inclusion of Sony’s BRAVIA TV technology, Xperia Z1 features Sony’s unique
TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, creating a wider palette of rich natural colours for an
immersive viewing experience. It also includes X-Reality for mobile – Sony’s intelligent super
resolution technology which analyzes each image and optimizes the quality to deliver super
sharp videos. Xperia Z1 also brings Sony’s audio expertise to play with Sony’s ClearAudio+
which automatically optimizes the audio experience without the need to adjust individual
Unrivalled ecosystem of companion products and smart accessories
Xperia Z1 is supported by an ecosystem of innovative companion products and accessories.
All are underpinned by Sony’s one-touch functions with NFC technology which will number
approximately 100 compatible products by the end of the year including TVs, headphones,
audio speakers, tablets, and more. Key products include:
Companion products to enhance the camera experience
• QX10/QX100: High-performance ‘lens-style’ cameras designed for mounting on
smartphones and operated through the smartphone screen – a perfect partner for the
A host of other companion products and smart accessories that enrich your
• SmartWatch 2 – Use as a second screen for Xperia Z1. Read messages, handle calls,
easily access notifications – all from your wrist. Trigger the Xperia Z1 camera shutter.
Download other camera apps to enhance the Xperia Z1 experience. Sony is working
closely with developers for even more optimised apps
• SBH52 Smart Bluetooth Handset – Splash proof wireless audio accessory that enables
you to listen and talk without taking out your smartphone.
• MDR-10BT NFC headphones and SRS-BTS50 wireless speaker – New, high quality
NFC enabled headphones and wireless speaker.
Xperia Z1 key specifications
• Sony’s “G Lens”: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image
• BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading
digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as
high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
• 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity
sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light
• Dust resistant and waterproof (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design
featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
• Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery
• Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live which broadcast to Facebook. More
applications will be available to download from Sony Select.
• Memory: RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to
The newly launched Xperia Z1 will be available across all Sony Center and major electronic
stores across India.[/toggle]