Airtel releases Q3 Results out : 18,000 Cr Revenue and 1000 Cr Profit
Bharti Airtel Limited has just released their financial results for the third quarter 2011. Declaring overall customer base, year over year profits and an overall increase in revenues for the company. The total revenues for the total revenues for the third quarter ended Dec 31, 2011 of `18,477 crore grew by crore grew by 17.1% over the last year. India & South Asia India & South Asia continued its double digit revenue growth (Y-o–Y 12.1%) aided by improvement in realisation rates. Africa Africa revenues recorded a healthy Y-o-Y growth ofY growth of 16.1%; the growth was a strong 32.2Consolidated EBITDA margins % in Rupee terms% in Rupee terms, aided by exchange rate movements.
Main highlights of the result
- Overall customer base stands at Overall customer base stands at 243 million, across 19 countries
- Total revenues at ` 18,477 crore, up by crore, up by 17.1% Y-o-Y
- Non Voice revenues at ` 2,801 crore, up by 20.4% Y-o-Y
- India & South Asia revenues at a & South Asia revenues at `13,163 crore, up by 12.1% Y-o-Y
- Africa revenues came in at $1,0057 million, up by 16.1% Y-o-Y; in Rupee terms, Africa revenue growth is a in Rupee terms, Africa revenue growth is a strong 32.2%.
- Consolidated EBITDA of ` 5,95858 crore, up by 19.0% Y-o-Y. EBITDA margins imprimproved to 32.2% (PY: 31.7%).
I am pleased that investments in branding and networks continue to be our focus in India, as we enhance customer experience for voice quality and cater to the ever increasing demand for data. These investments are resulting in healthy growth of Mobile revenues. In Africa, we have crossed the 50 million customer milestone and are now one of the fastest growing telecom companies in the continent
Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharti Airtel
The Consolidated Operating Free Cash Flow in the nine months at ` 6,279 crore was lifted by a strong performance in India; Africa reported positive operating cash flow for the first time in Q3. The Net Debt – Equity ratio is 1.38 (Q2 FY12: 1.33) and Net Debt – EBITDA ratio was held at 2.56 (Q2 FY12: 2.59).