Battlefield 4 Beta Coming in October
Battlefield 4’s beta will launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in early October, developer DICE has announced.
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson took to the stage at today’s EA Gamescom 2013 press conference to announce details of the game and its DLC Premium service.
As Game Informer reports, those that buy the $50 season pass will get five expansions and a number of other perks. The map packs have been named and dated:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Additionally, players will receive early access to the new content (two weeks), priority queueing on servers, 12 bonus battlepacks (which seem like the bundles of gear in Mass Effect 3’s online mode) that include knives, dog tags, gun attachments, camoflauge, and XP boosts.
“Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in,” said Patrick Bach, executive producer.
“With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value.”
Battlefield 4 will be available on October 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Battlefield 4 will also be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.