iGyaan Weekly Tech Roundup
This week, November truly began. WhatsApp came up with the biggest news for Indians that got all of them really excited. The best Android device, Nexus 6 finally got listed and is ready for the first users to get their hands on the epic device. On the gaming front, GTA V got a first person update that will surely make the epic game more exciting. On the auto front, Rolls-Royce introduced its multi-crore offering in India and also found a customer for it.
So we decided to list out how the week fared for the tech world.
1. Vice President of WhatsApp, Neeraj Arora announced that because India has a low concentration of credit cards for online payment, they will be offering the service for free to Indian users.
2. GTA announces First Person Mode with the new update:
3 Nexus 6 is listed on Indian Play store for Rs. 44,000 for the 32 GB variant:
4. Oneplus finally announced its India plan. The One will be priced at Rs. 25,000 for the 64 GB variant. The phone can cause seismic shifts in the mid segment. :
5. Rolls-Royce dropped the Ghost Series II in India. The car costs a princely sum of Rs.4.5 crores. With its 6.6-litre V12 engine, the ultra-luxury sedan can do the 0-100 km/h sprint in just 4.7 seconds, and can reach an electronically limited top speed of 250 kmph. :
6. Popular Indian hatchbacks have failed the safety tests conducted by NCAP(New Car Assessment Programme.) The cars are the popular Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Nissan Datsun Go.:
7. Xiaomi plans to take on GoPro on its turf. The chinese company wants to introduce its action camera which would be capable of recording 30 fps 4K video, as well as 120 fps 1080p video. It can pose some serious threat to GoPro’s stranglehold on the market. It is expected to be priced at RMB 999 which translates to around Rs.10,000.: