Meego 1.2 for Laptops and Tablets is now Ready!
Intel’s Linux based OS grabbing a lot of attention in the past has finally come to version 1.2. This revision adds improved Atom support and bug fixes, The newer audio and networking stacks improve overall performance and add A2DP streaming and HSPA+ support. The new Tablet UI shown off in February by Intel has also been included in the revision. Hit the link below for a complete change-log and download goodness.
- MeeGo Reference Kernels supporting a variety of Intel Atom and ARMv7 platforms.
- QML Application Framework and extended Qt-Mobility APIs, including additional location, system, connectivity, and sensor/haptic capabilities for rapid, rich, application development.
- Enhanced Telephony and Connectivity capabilities, including:
- GSM, GPRS, and HSPA+ network support
- SIM Application Toolkit
- Expanded Bluetooth profiles
- Expanded VPN and wireless authentication methods
- USB, WiFi, and BT-PAN data tethering capability
- Enhance multimedia support, including RTSP streaming with progressive download
This release also includes the following:
- Netbook UX 1.2 complete set of core applications for netbooks.
- In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) UX 1.2 includes a sample IVI Homescreen and speech recognition enabled Application Launcher built with QML, as well as a collection of commonly used applications.
- Tablet Developer Preview
- MeeGo SDK 1.2 for MeeGo Core OS and supported UXs.