Tech can be confusing at times. Moreover, people can let their preconceived notions about technology get the better of their decision-making skills. This isn’t a secret that a smartphone battery can explode. Samsung and Galaxy Note7 users, unfortunately, learned that the hard way. It appears that people still don’t understand how smartphone batteries work.What’s The Story?
A video coming out of a Chinese gadget store reveals the incident of a man biting into a smartphone battery. Before getting the new battery installed, he decided to check the authenticity of it by biting into it. We still don’t know what [...]
What appears to be an excellent street of horrible luck for the South Korean tech giant, Samsung, the latest news paints a poor picture for the home appliances division .
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a warning that models of Samsung top-loading washing machines have safety issues.
This comes after several disgruntled Samsung Washing machine owners who suffered the “explosion” in their homes, in some cases with parts flying all across the living room, in other ripping the wall of their garage. According to the suit filed by the complainants, Some washing machines, vibrate violently under heavy loads, causing the tub to “become [...]
With recent news of Phone batteries exploding, a lot of people are getting worried whether their phones are safe or not.
Follow these simple five tips as a precaution from overheating and exploding phone batteries.
Samsung may be already suffering from a Galaxy Note 7 recall crisis, but that does not mean it is entirely out of the water. One of the phones reported in the initial set of exploding phones, the only one which physically harmed any one turned out to be a galaxy Core Prime. A 6 year old boy was rushed to the emergency room when a the Galaxy Core Prime exploded. This means that the battery incident may not be isolated but across other Samsung handsets as well. The 6 year old boy has suffered bodily injury and burns on his hands.
The 6 year old boy was reportedly playing video games, when the phone caught fire and filled the whole room with smoke. Luckily the [...]
Battery is one of the major concerns of the tech world these days. Developers have to ensure that batteries are not only efficient and capable of providing sufficient support to gadgets, but most important of all, they can withstand high temperatures without exploding.
The explosion-scare in batteries is even though not very high when it comes to phones, but exploding hoverboard batteries have made everyone sit up and listen. Fires caused by malfunctioning hoverboards actually forced retailer websites to take the product off and stop selling them for a while.
But it looks like a team of scientists at Stanford [...]
Earlier in December, the UK government had been forced to confiscate over 15,000 hoverboards because they were considered “unsafe” and potential fire hazards.
“Many of the items detained and sent for testing have been found to have noncompliant plugs without fuses, which increases the risk of the device overheating, exploding or catching fire,” said UK’s National Trading Standards
When security tests were conducted on hoverboards as they were shipped from different manufacturers, about 88% of them were declared a safety threat for users. These self-balancing scooters have also [...]