New Episode|While You Were Out -Launch Stories
Here’s the latest ‘While You Were Out’ episode:
The stories we talked about today are:
1. LeEco Comes to India: LeEco, formerly called LeTV, launched Le Max with the tag-line”Go Big, Go Bold”, and Le 1s, along with revealing the new logo for the company, in India. While the Le Max boasts of big specs inside a big frame, the Le 1s is aimed at the mid-range market.
2. Samsung Launches Gear S2 and Gear VR Headset in India: The Gear S2 and Gear VR headset were launched in India in January, after being unveiled for the first time at IFA Berlin last year. The new smartwatch comes with a 1.2-inch screen with a 360×360 resolution (302ppi). To power the device, Samsung has used 1GHz dual-core processor and provided the option of 3G Connectivity.The pricing for the smartwatch starts at Rs. 24,300 while the head-set is priced at Rs. 8,200.
3. BlackBerry Priv Launches in India: The Priv, which was first unveiled in October, is a make or break project for BlackBerry as it sees it leaving its own OS behind in search of greener pastures that Android provides. This shift by BlackBerry is being seen as a move aimed at helping the ailing company’s return to its previous highs. It comes with a price-tag of Rs. 62,999.
4. Microsoft Launches Nokia 230 Dual-SIM in India: The Nokia 230 Dual SIM brings some flavour to the feature phone category with a premium look and feel to it thanks to its metallic construction. The phone is designed for those who want a high-end phone as far as feature phones are concerned, and are not too fond of making that leap to touchscreen devices. The phone costs Rs. 3,949
5. Motorola Cannot Stop Talking about the ‘Shatterproof’ Moto X Force: The phone was launched globally last year as Droid Turbo 2 and is all set to arrive in India now with its much talked about ‘shattershield’ display. On the specs front, Moto X Force packs a 5.4 inch Quad HD display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core chipset along with 3 GB of RAM. Moto X Force is expected to be priced around Rs.40,000.