Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Launching Soon
Xiaomi launched the gaming-oriented Black Shark smartphone in early 2018 which was followed by beefed-up Black Shark Helo in November 2018.
A Weibo post shared by the company’s product director states it will soon launch a new Black Shark gaming smartphone which will be packed with new features. Unfortunately, the post does not reveal any specifications of the smartphone. However, it is expected to have the following features.
Black Shark 2.0 Expected Features
- Snapdragon 855- The Snapdragon 855 is the latest and greatest SoC that Qualcomm currently offers. The chipset consists of an Octa-Core CPU along with the Adreno 640 GPU and is manufactured using 7 nm fabrication technology.
- Gaming Accessories- Except for the unconventional looks, Black Shark smartphones also support a wide variety of accessories. And the upcoming device is also expected to support gaming accessories like Bluetooth gamepad and wireless gaming earphones.
- Liquid Cooling- The praiseworthy Razer Phone 2 which is a competitor to Black Shark smartphones has a wide vapour cooling chamber. Thus, the upcoming Black Shark smartphone might also have a similar cooling chamber.
- Edge-To-Edge Display- Both Black Shark smartphones launched last year have thick top and bottom bezels. And the company would also want to improve the looks of the future device, there it is expected to have minimal bezels and an edge-to-edge display.
- 10 GB RAM- The Black Shark Helo smartphone launched late last year is available in 10 GB of RAM. Therefore, its successor is assumed to have the same or higher RAM storage.
The source does not reveal information about the launch date of the Black Shark 2. But reports claim that the device will launch in the month of April or May this year.