10 Avengers Endgame Facts That You Probably Didn’t Know
Avengers: Endgame is releasing in India today, and let’s admit it, we couldn’t be more excited. Amidst a ton of hype concerning the movie, tickets for the same are selling out like hot cakes on a December day. The movie is speculated to be the last one in the current series, hence, people have been looking forward to Avengers: Endgame for a long time now. What’s more, the movie has sold out a total of 2.5 million tickets in India till now, making it one of the highest booked movies in the country ever. At its peak, 18 Avengers: Endgame tickets were being sold every second on popular ticket-booking application, BookMyShow. That is indeed a feat.
Let’s have a look at some interesting and intriguing trivia about what will probably be the biggest movie of 2019.
- Most of the footage used in the movie trailers on YouTube and TV Spots is reportedly extracted from the first 15-20 minutes of the movie, which means that fans have already seen 4% of the movie so far, considering the long 181 minute runtime.
- Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame are the first Hollywood movies to have been shot entirely on digital IMAX Cameras in an open-matte aspect ratio of 1.9:1
- Chris Evans (playing Captain America) has been a part of the MCU (Marvel Character Universe) for almost a decade now. He has appeared as Captain America for a total of 10 times, including Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), an uncredited cameo in Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), a cameo in Ant-Man (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016), a cameo in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), a cameo in Captain Marvel (2019) and eventually Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Similar to Avengers: Infinity War, the Russo Brothers (directors) published a letter to MCU fans, urging them to not divulge any details and spoilers regarding the upcoming movie. This sparked a viral trend on Twitter, with the hashtags #DontSpoilTheEndgame and #ThanosDemandsYourSilence.
- When the first trailer for the movie came out, the name of the movie (the Endgame) was not included in the title of the trailer. Instead, it just read “Marvel Studios’ Avengers – Official Trailer”. This was formulated in order to surprise MCU fans with the title name at the end of the trailer.
- Opening night tickets for the Avengers: Endgame were resold on eBay for a lot more than their original worth. Reportedly, a pair of IMAX tickets were resold in New Jersey for about US$ 15,000, which is ridiculously high.
- The shooting of the movie was temporarily shut down on September 11, 2017 because of the Hurricane Irma.
- Avengers: Endgame is the 3rd Avengers Movie to be released in the same year as a Quentin Tarantino movie. Previously, The Avengers and Django Unchained were released in the year 2012, and thereafter, the Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Hateful Eight were both released in 2015. This year, Avengers: Endgame and and Once Upon A Time In HollyWood will be released.
- Paul Rudd as Ant-man and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk will come together for the first time in the Avengers: Endgame.
- The plot of the Infinity Stones and Thanos is expected to conclude in the movie, which means that Infinity stones won’t make an appearance in any further Marvel movies.
Tickets for the movie are available across all major event platforms, including BookMyShow and PayTM. Since a lot of people are lined up for the movie, be sure to get your hands on the tickets in ample time. Furthermore, PayTM is giving away discount vouchers on Twitter, so users can go check that out too.