Samsung Galaxy S3 Software Update leaks, shows of Galaxy S4 Features
Everyone who said that the Galaxy S4 is just a mere update to the Galaxy S3 might just be right this time around. A test Android 4.2.2 update, discovered by SamMobile, has all the new “amazing and unique” features of the Galaxy S4 for the previous flagship. The new test build includes the lockscreen effects and widgets, enhanced screen modes, updated settings, and new S Voice control features found in Samsung’s new flagship.
Of course if you were expecting Air View and the Remote feature, you would need to know that those things are hardware dependent and not software dependent. However, in theory you could increase the sensitivity of any capacitive screen to perform Air View sort of gestures, with a considerable amount of power-juice drain on the device. But that remains a theory.
The Update was found in Internal testing zones, and may or may not include all the said updates, and may also add some new “unique & amazing” features when it finally rolls out.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- – Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- – New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- – New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- – Daydream
- – Driving mode
- – Actionable notifications
- – New Additions in Notification Center
- – Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- – Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- – Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- – Full screen Samsung apps
- – New S-Voice (from S4)
- – New smart switch widget