Intex Aqua i7 launched for INR 21,900 With 5″ Full HD Display
Intex today launched its new flagship phone in the Aqua series of smartphones, as per the press release the Aqua i7 has a 5″ Corning Gorilla Glass full HD screen resolution of
1280 x 1080p 1920 x 1080p.
Intex Aqua i7 is equipped by a 1.5 Ghz Quad core processor, the phone supports a 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory. Aqua i7 runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean and sports a 13 MP camera with LED flash and 5 MP secondary camera and the phone is capable to make full HD videos. Aqua i7 has 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GSM+WCDMA and HSPA+ as connectivity options and is powered by a 2,000 mAh battery.
The phone comes pre-loaded with NQ Vault and NQ Security. It has 10 pre-loaded full HD video songs and ‘The My screen’ application which allows user to perform four functions simultaneously, Look away feature that pauses the device when the user looks away, the box include free accessories worth INR 5,500 which includes a flip cover, Cloud space , screen guard, limited edition key chain and pen personally signed by Farhan Akhtar(Brand ambassador for Intex mobiles)
After an overwhelming response to Aqua i5, we are excited to launch our flagship offering Aqua i7. Intex takes pride in consistently introducing quality and performance oriented products for its consumers. With the launch of Aqua i7, we are foraying into the premium handsets segment and are confident of providing the best user experience to consumers who are looking for a device with pleasing aesthetics designed to offer power packed performance.” says Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Senior GM-Mobility Division, Intex Technologies (I) Ltd
The Intex i7 is the advanced option of the previosuly available i5 which had a 5 inch display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels and has a 1 GB of RAM and 2 GB of internal storage. While the i7 has alot more upgraded specs, during the launch Farhan Akhtar said:
I am proud to be associated with a progressive, driven by innovation and commitment to excellence brand like Intex Technologies. For me, associating with Intex was effortless as I was able to relate to the brand on vision, shared synergies and strengths. I am really excited on the launch of Aqua i7 today and look forward to another exciting and pioneering product from the Intex stable.”
The phone is priced at INR 21,900 and will be available in Black and White colors. Aqua i7 will be available for purchase from 9th of September 2013 across all stores.
[toggle title=”Press Release”]Mumbai, September 4, 2013: Post the success of its Aqua smartphone series, Farhan Akhtar, brand ambassador for Intex mobiles, today unveiled company’s flagship model Aqua i7. Intex Technologies is one of the fastest growing mobile phones company in India and has significantly grown and consolidated its smartphone business during the last one year. The company is all geared up to enhance presence in metros and is targeting increased revenue by 400% from the mobile division.
Commenting on the launch, Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Senior GM-Mobility Division, Intex Technologies (I) Ltd. said, “After an overwhelming response to Aqua i5, we are excited to launch our flagship offering Aqua i7. Intex takes pride in consistently introducing quality and performance oriented products for its consumers. With the launch of Aqua i7, we are foraying into the premium handsets segment and are confident of providing the best user experience to consumers who are looking for a device with pleasing aesthetics designed to offer power packed performance.”
Expressing his excitement on the launch, Farhan Akhtar said, “I am proud to be associated with a progressive, driven by innovation and commitment to excellence brand like Intex Technologies. For me, associating with Intex was effortless as I was able to relate to the brand on vision, shared synergies and strengths. I am really excited on the launch of Aqua i7 today and look forward to another exciting and pioneering product from the Intex stable.”
Commenting on the marketing plans of the company, Keshav Bansal, Director- Marketing (Mobile), Intex Technologies said, “After phenomenal success and encouraging response from the other centres, we are now further strengthening our position in Mumbai and other metros. Intex will be focusing on positioning and building its brand profile through strategic and phased out marketing activation to expand product portfolio with unique propositions in order to reach out to large section of potential consumers.”
Text Box: Key features of Intex Aqua i7:
• 12.7cm (5.0inch), Full HD, Corning® Gorilla® Glass touchscreen
• 32GB internal memory + 2GB RAM
• 1.5GHz Quadcore processor
• Dual SIM (GSM+WCDMA)
• OS: Android 4.2 ( Jelly Bean)
• Dual Camera (R:13.0MP 441ppi with AF/F:5.0MP)
• 2000mAh battery with talk-time of 7 hours and standby time of 220 hrs.
• Bluetooth 4.0with A2DP
Wi-Fi Hotspot, 3G/EDGE/WAP
• G-Sensor, Proximity Sensor & Light Sensor
• Auto call record
• Other pre-loaded apps: Matrabhasha, Look away, My screen, Online Software update, Intex Cloud, Intex Play, Wireless display, Intex movies
Aesthetically designed, one can experience the vibrant world of hues come alive with a 5 inch full HD 1280x1080p screen. Equipped with OGS (One Glass Solution) display technology and Corning® Gorilla® Glass the phone is protected against any scratches and impact. Operating on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, powered by 1.5GHz quad core processor with 2GB RAM makes it a smooth and richer user experience.
An impressive 32 GB internal memory ensures that you never run out of space while capturing valuable moments with friends and family. The smartphone is a blessing for photo enthusiasts as it sports a 13MP (441 PPI) rear camera that provides unmatched picture quality and a 5MP front camera that is used for video calling.
The all new Intex Aqua i7 also comes pre-loaded with “Matrabhasha” – a multi-lingual application introduced by Intex in 2013 that made it the first domestic brand to cater to its diversified consumer base and their preference for local content. The application allows a user to operate the phone in preferred regional language supporting upto 22 regional languages including: Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Maithili, Marathi, Bodo, Santhali, Manipuri, Sindhi, Dogri, Konkani, Nepali and more.
Another interesting feature is the ‘My screen’ application that allows the user to perform four functions simultaneously. The ‘Look away’ feature pauses the device when the user looks away.Further adding onto its innovative offerings, the phone comes loaded with “Intex Cloud” a must-have feature that provides 5GB of additional storage space allowing user to store contacts, pictures, documents and mails in the virtual space.
Other notable features include smart anti-shake, gyroscope and ultra-responsive G-sensor which reduces the impact of handshaking while clicking pictures.
Intex Aqua i7 will be available at Rs. 21,900 across the country from September 9, 2013 onwards. Available in two basic solid colors: Black and white, the phone can be purchased from 40,000 plus retail outlets and more than 42 INTEX SQUARES (exclusive retail stores), several hypermarkets and leading e-commerce portals across the country.
About Intex Aqua i7:
· Running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system the phone is powered by 1.5 GHz quad core processor
· A slim design (7.88 mm) with has a 5 inch full HD (1280X1080) screen which flaunts Corning® Gorilla® Glass that produces deep color rich display while providing protection
· The phone comes bundled with 13MP rear camera capable of capturing full HD videos and 5MP front camera videos and videos
· It is further strengthened with 32GB internal memory and 2GB RAM for smooth interactivity and delightful user experience
· The phone is fully secured against virus threats and hacking as it comes pre-loaded with NQ Vault and NQ Security
· The smartphone is equipped with a host of 15 applications and various cool features such as: Look away, wireless display, Intex cloud, Intex OTA, locate, Intex Play, Intex Zone, personalized screen and 10 pre-loaded full HD video songs which makes it a perfect phone to hang out with
· Much to one’s amusement, users can download their favorite movies for free via Intex Movies app with one month free subscription
· Intex’s online OTA (over the air) software application will help you update your phone’s software automatically to do away with lag timing or other delays faced while using various applications on the phone
· Aqua i7 also has 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GSM+WCDMA and HSPA+ as connectivity options.
· For uninterrupted multi-tasking and browsing experience, it has 2000mAh long battery that provides a talk-time of 7 hours and standby time of 220 hrs
· Along with the device, Intex is providing its customers free accessories worth Rs. 5,500 which includes a flip cover, Cloud space , screen guard, limited edition key chain and pen personally signed by Farhan