OnePlus Pushes Android 4.4.4 OTA Update to Global Variants
Just a few hours after our unboxing went live, OnePlus has started pushing Android 4.4.4 to its Global variant One phones. While most issues are okay, the mic fix is the most awaited update and resolves the low audio from the microphone problem.
- Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
- Updated to new versions of Google apps
- Added Clear Image
- Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
- Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
- Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
- Increased capacitive button illumination
- Improved overall stability
- Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
- Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
- Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
- Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
- Fixed Viber calls not working
- Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
- Fixed PicasaSync
- Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
- Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc.
This update also adds the clear image feature, which is taken from the OPPO line of devices. The process basically stitches multiple images up to make one single large image.
If you have the OnePlus One, you might want to stick your WiFi on and get on updating. If you don’t, you can watch our unboxing and play in our OnePlus One invite giveaway, at the end of the week.