Google Assistant Now Available For Apple iPads
Google Assistant is one of the best AI assistants right now. It competes closely with Amazon Alexa but, has a much better integration with the mobile OS. Also, Android is the most used OS in the world which means Google Assistant is available on more devices. But, Google Assistant has not limited itself to just Android devices. Google made the Assistant available for iPhones in 2017 and has now rolled out the support for iPad as well. However, unlike an Android device, the Google Assistance has some limitations due to API restrictions.
The Google Assistant on Apple iPads can perform tasks like setting a reminder, turning on the light etc. In fact, it can also be used to make a video call or sending a text message.
The Assistant can also be used with another app using iOS multitasking capabilities. However, as this is an Apple device, Google Assistant cannot be revoked by long pressing the home similar to Siri. The Google Assistant will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish.
One has to download the app from Apple app store
Here are the some of the basic commands that can be used with Google Assistant
- Set the mood by having the Assistant “dim the lights”
- Cast to your TV by asking the Assistant to “watch the latest news on the living room TV”
- Stay in touch by asking the Assistant to “video call mom” or “text Lauren”
- Keep up with your chores by asking the Assistant to “remind me to take out the recycling at 8 PM”
Minimum hardware and software required
- iOS 10 or latest operating system
- 155.6 MB of Data
- 300 MB of Storage