Sanso X Will Be The World’s First Smartphone With Invisible Selfie Camera
Sanso is a less known electronics and smartphone manufacturer from Germany. The company is reportedly developing a high-end smartphone which will be packed flagship specifications in addition to a couple of distinguishing features.
According to a leak, the upcoming device will be dubbed the Sanso X and it will be the world’s first commercially available smartphone to have an “indisplay camera” sensor. As the name suggests, the front-facing selfie camera on the smartphone will be placed beneath the display and will remain hidden when not in use. As soon as the said camera is toggled, the pixels right above it will turn off allowing the sensor to capture images and videos through the transparent display.
The innovative feature on the Sanso X will reportedly be similar to the prototype smartphone that was showed off by Oppo last month. This will allow the company to pack a seamless display on the front of the device which is devoid of any obstruction causing notch. As of now, it is unknown whether placing the camera under the display will hamper the quality of videos and images captured from it.
Besides, the Sanso X will also support 5G which is the fifth generation of mobile telecommunication. Like the Galaxy S10 5G, it will incorporate the X50 modem and the Snapdragon 855 SoC which consists of an Octa-Core CPU and Adreno 640 GPU.
In terms of design, the Sanso X will have an Anodized metal chassis with glass on both the front and back. The smartphone will feature a 6.3-inch display with 3D curved edges. Notably, the display will have a 90 Hz refresh rate which is the same as the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Listed below are the full specs of Sanso X:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X50 5G Modem
- Product Weight 190g
- Material Anodized Oxidized Metal CNC Alloy chassis with mirror shiny glass back cover and front & back
- Gorilla Corning protection 6
- Resistance Standard – IP67 water resistant
- Colour – Rose Gold, Diamond Black & Gold mix
- Power Adapter – 50W EU-charger?5A – Super-Sonic Charging?
- OS – Android 9.0 Pie
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 512GB of internal storage
- 6.3 inches, 19.5:9 – Baseless, Full View Infinity Display – 3D Curved Edges (93.4% screen to body ratio)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Corning® Gorilla® 6.0
- Front camera – 32MP, f/2.0 aperture, wide angle (In-Screen Embedded Camera)
- Rear camera – 48MP SuperSpectrum Wide angle, f/1.8 aperture, OIS + 20MP Ultra wide angle, f/2.2 aperture + 8MP Telephoto, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 5X optical zoom.
- 5X Optical Zoom; 10X Hybrid zoom; 50X digital zoom
- 4500mAh battery
- Quick Charge™ 4+ technology; Fast Charging; 10 minutes of charging 4 hours of battery life
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
To sum it up, the Sanso X seems like a handset that is capable of disrupting the premium smartphone market. Given, that it is priced aggressively and has a bloat free User Interface.
In order to verify the claims and leaked specifications of the Sanso X, we will have to until its official launch which is scheduled for December.