App a Day: Superfiles for iOS
Todays app is exceptionaly useful for Businesses and people who use their phones extensively for work.Superfiles is a frontend for Google Docs, iDisk, Dropbox, Box.net, Flickr, Picasa, WebDAV, FTP, SFTP etc.
What it basically allows you to do is to upload & download documents from your cloud storage or other servers on the go to your iDevice. Edit files on the go. Preview files not supported by other iOS apps, share files between Superfiles via bluetooth, Scan documents with your camera etc.
Some of the features of the app are:
- Send/Receive files between Superfiles via Bluetooth
- Scan documents, enhance for better OCR
- OCR(Optical Character Recognition) of images
- Translate documents to 52 languages
- Upload/Download files locally to your iPhone using any Web browser
- Email selected files
- Local preview of CHM, FB2, PDB, EPUB, TXT, CSV, TSV, TAB, XCARDS, HTML, HTM, WEBARCHIVE, PHP, JS, JAVA, CSS, XML, C, CC, CPP, M, MM, H, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPS, PPSX, PPT, PPTX, RTF, RTFD, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEY, PDF files
- Create/Edit Text documents
- Crop, flip, rotate, resize and enhance images
- Convert image from/to JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP/TIF format
- Create multipage PDF from several images and text files
- Upload/Download/Rename/Move/Delete/Preview for GDocs
- Upload/Download from/to Picasa/Flickr
- Upload/Download/Rename/Move/Delete/Preview for FTP/SFTP/MobileMe/iDisk/WebDAV/Dropbox/Box.net
- Zip and Upzip files
- Text-to-speech for 37 languages
Inintially, when you open the app, you might be overwhelmed with the sheer number of options that are available to you. Dont feel intimidated. Its quite easy to use the app. First off, create/log in to your account on any of the providers. After that, just click on the icon for the task you wish to perform.
[xrr rating=3/5 label=”Price : $9.99 ” imageset=shiny_yellow_star display_as=fraction_stars]
[xrr rating=3.75/5 label=”Ease of Use :” imageset=shiny_yellow_star display_as=fraction_stars]
[xrr rating=4.75/5 label=”Features :” imageset=shiny_yellow_star display_as=fraction_stars]